Sunday, 7 October 2012

Mimi the kitten | Update

A warm welcome to my new followers
It's always a pleasure to read about your work
and all the lovely comments you kindly
leave on my blog!

Bienvenu à mes nouveaux amis!
J'adore lire vos blogs et vous
remercie aussi de me laisser des petits messages
toujours bien sympathiques ☺

It's time to post a little update on my cross stitching
No much happened sadly as I always seem to run out of free time
- Strictly is now back on, so it might get worth!! -
This past week, I've worked on Mimi

Une petite mise à jour sur mes travaux
Pas de gros progrès cette semaine, je
semble toujours être à court de temps libre
Cette semaine j'ai travaillé sur Mimi de Helz Cuppleditch


 I've also decided to listen to all your lovely advice
and will finish it as a cushion (cover)!!
Yes, that means being adventurous with the sewing machine
Fingers crossed it will all go smoothly
But then, I still have PLENTY of time before I get to this point!!
Yesterday, I found the fabric to go with it
It's called Abigail from Clarke & Clarke

J'ai aussi décidé de me lancer et de le finir en coussin
Il va falloir que j'utilise la machine à coudre!
J'ai acheté ce tissu de chez Clarke & Clarke


I also bought a bookmark kit and a bundle of cute fat quarter fabrics ☺

J'ai aussi craqué sur cet adorable marque page et
ces différentes pièces de tissu


I also stocked up on more floss for the SAL Sweet Treats
and found this ribbon
Aren't they just yummy??

Enfin, le meilleur pour la fin!!
Ce petit ruban m'a tapé à l'oeil pour
le SAL Sweet Treat...


Off to do more little xxx
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

| Happy Stitching! |







25 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and the ribbon is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mimi will be a lovely cusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi is coming along beautifully!
    Abigail from Clarke & Clarke is so lovely as well as the others- loved them all!
    Bookmark kit looks great too!
    Ribbon is something :)))
    Well done !
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nurdan! I am sooo happy with that ribbon!! They are so cute ☺

      Delete
  4. That will make a fantastic cushion cover I'm sure you'll do a great job with the finishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani!! Let's hope I don't mess it up, it will be a shame after having spent so much time on the xx...

      Delete
  5. I think a lot more crafters will get more done now Strictly is back on, definately have to be sitting down to watch that. Love the gingerbread ribbon, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the fabric too..beautiful stitching and ribbon is so perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work in progress is very very pretty.:)The fabric is gorgeous.:)
    I love the little gingerbread ribbon.
    Ant the pink fabrics are just wonderful.:)
    Yummiiii!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh that ribbon :)))) I love it, so cute. Nevermind the time, the more you have to wait the best feeling the finishing will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute stitches! Very well done.
    Hugs.
    Fiore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiore! I will follow you soon, promise!! I'm using my home PC at the moment & when I try to follow people it just comes up with my DH blog's picture!!! ☺ Back at work on Wednesday, so will try again when on my break...

      Delete
  10. Oh my, your stitching is getting gorgeous! I saw that you stitch more than one thing a time :)

    Great findings too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I try to work on a rotation (little idea I'm using from an other fellow blogger!) so don't have time to get bored with a design any more!!! However, I might have to many WIP on the go ☺

      Delete
  11. Ciao
    Mimi is adorable. I love it :)
    Would it take much free time.... days should be of 48 hours.
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fabric for your cushion is lovely! Can't wait to see it all finished. Such a cute ribbon too. I LOVE the bookmark - being Scottish, I love anything with thistles on it - but the colours on this design are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I've never worked on a bookmark before so I'm quite looking forward to give it a go - whenever that will be ☺

      Delete
  13. very pretty! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello

    Your new stash is lovely and Mimi is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mimi is looking great and I love the fabric you picked out! I'm sure your sewing machine will behave. :) But that gingerbread ribbon! Oh, my, that is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I got so excited in the shop!! They must have thought I had a screw loose somewhere ☺

      Delete
  16. you bought real beautiful stash !!
    the ribbon is really perfect for your SAL, so great
    you'll do great things once again =)
    happy stitching (even if it's no as much as you would like too...it's always a delight to come here)
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely stitching and good luck with the sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete