Saturday, 17 November 2012

New stash

We planned a little shopping trip on Thursday evening.
Well, it wasn't really a "trip" as it is just a 5 minutes drives from where we live...
It was the opening of a new craft shop from a chain company
I had a look at their stitching/sewing stuff & I must admit
I was a bit disappointed with the cross stitch kits selection
Sadly too many "mass produced" famous brands to my liking!
Since I've discovered all these fabulous French designers,
I'm getting quite hooked & my tastes are changing...
I also looked for a cute pair of scissors...
(Yes, thanks to you all, I now know there is a scissor world out there :D)
Again, mass produced notexcitingprettyscissors available!
Still, I didn't get home empty handed!!!


I bought a red stitching fabric
(Aida, as evenweave was only available in white) for more Christmassy biscornu!!
(You know I'm hooked on these)
I also got some beautiful multicoloured pearl cottons from Anchor
- 1335 & 1375 - I can't wait to use them!

 
I also got a very practical LED clip on bright light!!!
I could have found a lot more stash to buy but I thought I'd be reasonable...
I even used a £5 voucher too, so DH was happy!!
Only problem, DS saw plenty of crafty things he would love to get for Christmas...

| Happy Stitching! |
 
Après une récente visite chez Hobby Craft,
je suis rentrée avec quelques petits achats:
Cotton perle de chez Anchor N° 1335 & 1375
Toile Aida rouge
& une petite lampe LED bien pratique!!




44 comments:

  1. Hi

    Lovey new stash - those threads are gorgeous!
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just!
      Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. ooh my two favourite shades of anchor vari, I didnt know they did them in a perle cotton, i'll have to look out for them. Glad you had a lovely trip out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Never bought pearl cotton before, can't wait to stitch something with them. Mii x

      Delete
  3. You have been very reasonable! Beautiful coton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! There is a reason for me being reasonable... Fancy ordering some stash online (more choice!)... So was trying to impress DH! :P

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I couldn't resist buying them, the colours are so pretty!

      Delete
  5. Your pearl cottons are very gorgeus :)))
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely goodies!Led clip looks very useful!
    Fabric colour is so jazzy - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nurdan. The light was so cheap but it is really good, it does the job!

      Delete
  7. Love the pearl cottons. Any idea for them?
    Ciao
    Fiore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sadly no idea yet... Maybe a biscornu???

      Delete
  8. Nice stash I love those Anchor flosses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous threads. But I know what you mean, these large chain stores just aren't the same, I wish I had a sweet little store nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Hobby Craft is too general! Us stitchers are quite fussy :P Online orders appear to be the best option, although I like to "see" what I'm buying! I find it more exciting...

      Delete
  10. Your new floss is beautiful! Do you have a project in mind for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No project yet... but a biscornu is always the quick & easy option!

      Delete
  11. Very pretty threads, I too have one of those lights, so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new stash - beautiful threads, Looking for scissors too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These scissors!!! If you find some good pretty one online, let me know the website, I might just go & have a look too :P

      Delete
  13. I find the big box craft stores really don't cater to true stitchers at all! I complained to my local one, I think if we all speak up that their stock is insufficient maybe someday the word will get through to corporate and they'll stock more/better stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fully agree with you Dani!! I knew the stock would not be great but... I was hoping!! Best options I guess are online orders & craft fairs :)

      Delete
  14. Pretty, pretty flosses! I wish a craft store would open up in our little town even if it is a chain store. All others may as well be on the moon for as much as I can get to them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, don't be sad. Hobby Craft is really not a great cross stitch shop!!! Have you received your mag yet? This would cheer you up a little bit! Have a lovely day, Mii x

      Delete
  15. Really nice threads! And a red fabbie is very handy this time of year!! Also great, isn't it, to have more light on your work! :) Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely thread colours and the cloth is a beautiful red! Glad you were able to purchase a few nice items and not leave empty handed. That would have been so disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What pretty threads you have there! I find that all the chain stores are very disappointing when it comes to XS supplies if they have any at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one had a bit of stock but I found it too basic & common, the kind of items you can buy in any craft shop... Well, it's still nice to know that I can pop over & buy more threads if I'm running out while working on a project!!

      Delete
  18. wow, such great threads
    the colours are so sweet
    it's always a torture to go in craft shops =D
    I bought the very same lamp at the first craft show we attended, it's so useful !
    can't wait to see your Xmas biscornus =D
    Happy stitching
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit, my little fingers are itching to get started on this red fabric :D

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. It's sooo bright! Very useful, glad I bought it :)

      Delete