Monday, 21 January 2013

Passion Des Roses & unexpected visit from Mr Frog!


I love the snow!!
Early finish at work, rugby training cancelled for my son,
This can only mean.... more stitching time!!

Ok, so I finally have a little something I can share with you all!
You are going to think, is that all Mii???
I promised you, I worked on several little things & finished them but
as I've told you before... I've got to keep quiet about it.
This so unfair though, I've finished something I am so proud of!
All I'll say is that it involved cross stitching (obviously),
sewing (yes, I did use my sewing machine! It was starting to gather dust...)
and a sweet little design from Lucie Heaton!!!!


That's it now, I'll say no more!!

Right, this week's rotation is back on my SAL Passion des Roses
(I'll work on this project every 2 weeks until it's finished
as it is a SAL & as I decided the end date will be 1st June)

M. La Grenouille (also known as Mr Frog) came to spend some time with me this weekend!!
I realised the white embroidery looking design below the word Passion
(I tried to be careful when taking picture to not have the letters A S S... :P)
was not at the right place... so I had to un-stitch that!
Slow progress as I find it difficult to count the holes on linen & there is quite a lot of confetti too


A big welcome to all the new followers, I hope you enjoy your stay with Mii!
So strange, I didn't join the Grow your blog party that was all over this weekend :)

There is still plenty of time to enter your name for my Valentine Giveaway
(if you're interested of course!)
Click here for more info

Happy Stitching to you all!
Mii x

38 comments:

  1. Hello Mii

    Your stitching looks lovely and I hope you see no more of the frog!
    Looking forward to seeing what you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meg! You will have to wait for the Valentine Giveaway winners announcement... It's too far away!!! Have a great evening :)

      Delete
  2. Your stitching is looking so lovely..
    Bug hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I want to have snow over here (last couple days were like spring + 15-16 C)
    Despite all the obstacles, Passion des Roses is blooming - looks great so far!
    Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me Nurdan, as much as it looks very pretty it can also be really annoying!!
      When snow is on roads, I promise you, all you want is a strong sun to melt it all away :)

      Delete
  4. I love these colors
    excellent :) Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full of different pinks!! Thanks Giovanna

      Delete
  5. Oh that frog! I do wish he would stay on his lillypad and not on people's cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I fully agree with you!! But I must admit it has been a long time since I last saw him :)

      Delete
  6. Hope the froggie hops away for a long time!! Love Furry Tale!! Can't wait to see it Mii. Lovely stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I emailed Lucie with my finished item (any sharing excuses!), I hope she'll like it :)

      Delete
  7. Oh,how I love this pattern-so pretty so romantic..
    I really enjoy to see you are stitching it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I kind of wish I had chosen the aida fabric instead of the linen. My stitching would be a lot faster!!

      Delete
  8. Nice projects, as always. I'd like so much having the snow all around me, but I live in Naples and we can see the snow only on pictures! Sometimes, we have it on the Vesuvio, actually, and when it happens I'm so happy.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come & visit us in UK! At the moment there is snow everywhere... Such fun!

      Delete
  9. Lovely wip progress :)))
    Kiss
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!
    Looking gorgeous!
    Great design!
    Can't wait to see it finished!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. can't wait to see what you did for your giveaway even if I'm not the lucky winner hehehehe =D
    you made me laugh with your picture of the letters of the word Passion =)
    such a beautiful word...
    your stitching is really pretty ! very well done, even with Mr Frog's coming...
    Happy stitching
    Stay warm...
    big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! I know, I can't wait to share my little work too...

      Delete
  12. Lovely stitching!!!!!

    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I hate Mr Frog!!! Nothing more frustrating!!! Can't wait to see what you've been keeping secret from us!!!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent Mr Frog away to pester someone else :) I am so bad at keeping secrets, I'll try to keep quiet :)

      Delete
  14. Mii! I saw your comment on someone else's blog about the Santa's Village and not been able to find it in the UK - I have found it! I just ordered it tonight as I was wanting it too :)

    http://www.patchwork-rabbit.co.uk/acatalog/country-cottage-santas-village.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, thanks sweetie!!! I'll have a little look, I think my NY resolution is going to be broken :)

      Delete
  15. It's getting so beautiful. I've got mine and did not like the linen, everything was very small. I'll start again today. See your growing pulls well for me.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit the linen fabric that came with the kit is pretty awful to stitch on. I love the colour & texture though, so I've decided to go slowly. Forever counting to make sure I don't make to many mistakes :)

      Delete
  16. Sorry to hear about the frog! But, I can't wait to see more of this piece :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Frog has been & gone, thankfully :) I'll try to work on that one again very soon, I wouldn't want to keep you waiting for too long :)

      Delete