Monday, 1 July 2013

Winner! Love Notes - Plum Street Samplers


So who will be stitching Love Notes next???
Be patient, I must show you my finish first!

Alors qui brodera Love Notes?
Patience mes amies, je veux d'abord partager mon tout dernier projet!

It was my first attempt at making a pinkeep
I must have read / watched all the online tutorials I could find!! :D
After a little help from my friends:
Valma's fabulous backing fabric &
Hubby's perfectly guillotined cardboard rectangles
This is what the first step looked like

C'était mon premier essai pour un Pinkeep
J'ai du lire et relire tous les tutos disponibles sur le net :)
Avec un peu d'aide d'amis:
Le superbe tissu de Valma pour le dos du pinkeep &
Mes rectangles cartonnés préparés avec amour par mon mari
Voila ce que la première étape m'a donné


And here is my first finished pinkeep!
Complete with lovely coloured pins & matching cute little ribbons!
Not bad for a first go!!
I just wish I had added more padding but hey ho, it's a learning curve

Et maintenant le pinkeep terminé!
Complet avec mes petites épines colorées et mes rubans assortis!
Pas mal pour un premier essai, vous ne trouvez pas?
Je regrette simplement de ne pas avoir utilisé un peu plus de rembourrage,
mais bon là je suis pointilleuse!


Now, I know you all want to find out who won
- Love Notes chart from Plum Street Samplers -
Congratulations to:
Thank you to all of you who joined the fun!
Vickie please drop me an email with your details
and I'll put the chart in the post asap
Happy Stitching!
Mii x


Bon allez, c'est l'heure d'annoncer la gagnante de
la grille Love Notes de chez Plum Street Samplers

Félicitations à:
Vickie, A Stitcher's Story

Merci à tous d'avoir participer a ce giveaway!

Vickie envoies moi tes coordonnées
afin que je t'envoie la grille

A tout à l'heure...

42 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania! Not bad for a first :)

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful pinkeep!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is so kind of you! Glad you like it too :)

      Delete
  3. ho my ! this is a wonderful piece !
    a great stitching and your finish is perfect !!! (I'm happy you had the opportunity to use the fabric I sent you :D and hubby did a good job with the cardboard)
    very very well done on your first pinkeep, really
    totally in love with it =)
    I have to try one a day !
    congrats to Vickie
    Have a great week
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie!! Yes, your fabric was just a perfect match to my choice to stitching threads!! That was very lucky :) I even used 2 different types of ribbons, one had little heart printed on it.
      I'm ever so pleased with the finish, my picture really do not do it any justice!
      Have a lovely week, bursting with creativity xox

      Delete
  4. Beautiful..perfect. It looks perfectly fine to me. A lovely finish to be proud of xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you sweetie!! I just love this kind of comment!! :D xox

      Delete
  5. Beautiful stitching and finishing!
    Have a good week (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meggie for visiting my blog!!

      Delete
  6. Is a beautiful embroidery. Loved the finish you bother to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you like it too ☺

      Delete
  7. You did a super job for your first pinkeep, i'm sure you'll be doing this type of finish again, they are so pretty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie!!! Yes, I will definitely use this type of finish again!! I don't know where the fuss was in the first place :D
      Although, it requires a bit more time and attention than a little cushion :)
      Have a lovely day xox

      Delete
  8. One would never know that was your first pinkeep--it looks so professional! Beautiful job and I think that is so nice that your husband helped with the cardboard cutting :)

    Congratulations to Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol!!! It's nice to involve the other half once in a while, especially on the bits I don't really want to do :P
      Yes, I am really please with my first pinkeep, hoping to many more to come!!
      Have a lovely day xox
      NB: Have not yet posted your little envelop, I've decided to wait to hear from Vickie first, saving me a trip to the post office :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful finish Mii! Congrats to Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lulu, glad you like my little pinkeep :)

      Delete
  10. Whooo Hoooo! Hooray for meeee! Thank you ! Thank you! I love your pinkeep. I also cannot tell it is your first time. I just love all three pieces in this collection. Our second son is studying French in school. I wonder if I could think up a finish that is "masculine" enough for a 17 year old young man? ;) I will email you my mailing address now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....what a beautiful finish! It's perfect!
    Congrats to Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're all so kind :)

      Delete
  12. You done a great job , so pretty , congrats to sweet Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hooo ton pinkeep est magnifique
    douce soirée
    bises
    rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Rose! C'est vrai qu'il est pas trop mal pour un premier essai!
      Bonne journée, bizzz

      Delete
  14. Wow, this is so so delicate! Te colors, the pattern and the ribbons! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you like it :)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful embroidery, nicely ringed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a lovely job on the pinkeep! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Un travail parfait,il est admirable
    Douce journée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup!
      Je pense que j'en ferais d'autre, ce n'est pas aussi compliqué que ce que j'imaginais! :)
      Bonne journée

      Delete
  18. What a lovely finish! I haven't yet attempted a pinkeep. This one is incredibly well-made! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm trying to work on small items, hoping they'll sell when time comes for a craft fair... if ever I manage to build enough stock :D

      Delete
  19. A lovely design stitched and finished to perfection.
    Congrats. To Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulation for the winner!
    Beautiful stitching and your finish is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks fab!!! congrats ot Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet finish!! Great work :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete